Question from C0deAlias

Counter (Support materia)?

I've tried pairing "counter" (the blue one not the purple one) with 4x cut and my character does not counter. I've also tried pairing it with comet and still nothing. So far the only thing i've seen it work with is "Morph" materia. Any idea's why its not working?

RhapsodosXIII answered:

It wont work with some materia because they are to powerfull. so instead you shoul link it with mime , then you would counter with 4x cut if this was your last action, you can also link hp adsorb with 4x cut and an added cut with master command if you have any, this is a great way to defeat emerald weapon alone with.because all you need to do is only equip those 6 materias and none more, then just start of a battle with 4x cut and the battle would very most likely be won because uou will counter attack 5 times and then heal you for 5000 hp
2 0

Answers

rizo23 answered:

yup^.
It only links with command materia( except for 4xcut, slash-all, w-item, w-summon and w-magic materia). if you want to directly counter with specific magic spells or summons you need the magic counter materia, which can be won at the chocobo races in s-class. it can be difficult to get, especially if you bet on the chocobos instead of racing them as you should.
cheers.
0 0