Question from Kokopopper

How can I get the Leviathan Scales?

I missed them on my way through the underwater reactor and I tried going back to get them after I left but the door to the reactor is locked. Is there any way I can get back in there?

From: Leirem 6 years ago

When: After the "BOSS: Carry Armor" fight
Where: Underwater Reactor
Missable: YES
Location: Beside the submarine, after the Boss fight.
How to Miss: Many players miss this because they got excited with the soldiers running from you, (Well, who wouldn't want to kick ass?) and went straight into the sub (ignoring the chests) Chest/s Contents: >>Leviathan Scales<< and Scimitar (Weapon for Cid)

Added Info: The Leviathan Scales item is used to go through the flaming area inside the cave in Wutai mountain (Buddah)

No. Your only chance of getting it is right before boarding the Submarine. If you don't have a save file from back then you'll just have to start all over again.