Question from orestesdd

how to transfer ps1 save data files with extensions .GME to a ps3?

Most of the saves here have extensions .GME, and I don't have a way to convert them to either my PsOne memory card (I do still have a PsOne Mini and PSX memory cards). If I can place these saves in the PSX memory card, then I can easily transfer them to a PS3, but so far I don't see a good answer to this question. Anyhow, thanks.

WingedMasamune answered:

You can use a program called MemCardRex to convert the .GME to a .PSV format.

Then all you need to do is make a hierarchy of folders on a usb drive like so.

PS3/EXPORT/PSV/*place the newly converted .psv save in this folder

Plug into a PS3, and bingo. PS1 Memory Card save suitable for the PS3.
3 0

Answers

maiorano84 answered:

You will first need to convert the file from .gme over to a format that a PS2 Cheat Device (like ARMax) can understand using PS DexDrive in conjunction with PSXGameEdit and possibly PS2 SaveBuilder. Then you transfer the file over to a PS2 with a formatted flash drive, open and uncrush the file using a cheat device with a media manager (ARMax), save the file to your PS2 memory card, pop the PS2 memory card into a PS3 Memory card Adapter, and transfer the file from the memory card onto your backwards compatible PS3. A HUGE pain, and ultimately not worth it. I would just stick to emulating the game since there is NO POSSIBLE WAY (yet) to convert the file to the .psv extension directly.
0 2