How do I beat Demon's Gate (Temple of the Ancients)?

1. I have the game guide, but it tells me to use a bunch of materia that I don't have. And it's a little too late to get it I think.

User Info: SnareDrum64bit

SnareDrum64bit - 7 years ago

1. Just level up in the room where you fought the dragon. Summoning Bahamut will kill most enemies there in one hit so you should level up pretty quickly and once you're stronger just use your most damaging attacks and try to keep your characters alive.
    There's a dude outside the room that'll fully restore your HP/MP so you can keep summoning bahamut without worrying about MP.

User Info: Gallion-Beast

Gallion-Beast - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Well I find that some enemy skills (like trine) work the best again it. But I remember few times in despair I used throw command materia, and was throwing old weapons at it.

User Info: unikat

unikat - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. demons gate is vulnerable to gravity, poison and can be slowed, use those if you got them.
    use haste or the enemy skill "big guard" to put up haste and wall at the same time. use the heal spell or softs to counter his petrif-eye attacks.
    Also, you can get healed by his icycle attack if you have ice-elemental on your armor, the dragon armlet you win from the dark dragon is useful too.
    equip cloud with the counterattack materia if you havent already
    Have aeris as the healer, but have her use bahamut or any other strong spell if you get the chance. use cloud and your other character to dish out attacks unless you get into a bad place and need to fight defensivley for a few moments.

User Info: rizo23

rizo23 (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0