Review by puddntater

"The True Fantasy"

Final Fantasy VII is great RPG for the Playstation that I have spent a lot of time playing. There are games just that are also memorable but not as memorable as Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy VII is known by all gamers who play RPGs, like myself, or big Final Fantasy fans, like myself.

Gameplay - 10/10
The gameplay for Final Fantasy VII is the best I have ever seen gameplay for an RPG made by Sony. Final Fantasy VII gameplay should not be changed what so ever. Final Fantasy VII's gameplay is the best out of all the Final Fantasies for Sony's consoles (excluding handheld Final Fantasies). If you have not tried Final Fantasy VII, try it out and you will love it too.

Graphics - 10/10
The graphics on this great game do not need to be redone. The cut-scenes are mediocre because in some scenes, the characters are made of blocks while in later cut-scenes, the characters have more superior graphics like nose, mouth, ears, fingers. I really keep coming back for more because of these graphics. The graphics should not be touched what so ever because the graphics are just that good. The graphics should not be touched for any remakes and definitely not for any ports unless the graphics and gameplay stay the same.

Sounds - 10/10
The sounds are great. Every move, every town, every battle has great sound. The sounds go along with everything in, and about, the game. There are no sounds that are off. every sounds makes their mark in each scene and battle. The music for the towns and many scenes make you feel like you are actually there with them [the characters] in the town or scene. My two most favorite songs are the Intro Credits and the Title screen (when a new game is started). If you listen to them, they will become your favorites as well.

Controls - 10/10
The controls for Final Fantasy VII is really enjoyable and every control is very easy. The first time I played this game, I did not even know the controls and I was already off and won the first battle in a breeze. The controls make the game so much easier. No matter if you have not played Final Fantasy VII ever, or if you have not played it in years the controls are easy.

Replay - 10/10
Final Fantasy VII is too good to be remade for any system. Everything about Final Fantasy VII is a great RPG that I really love playing again and again. Every scene and boss battle sets the stage about the past, present, and future. I really get an emotional rush from these scenes and battles. That is why I keep playing Final Fantasy VII.

Overall - 10
Final Fantasy VII is a very memorable game from beginning to end hands down. This game set the stage for the RPG genre from its most saddest moment. Get Final Fantasy VII and play it all the way through for a great RPG experience.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/27/08

Game Release: Final Fantasy VII (US, 09/03/97)