Review by RavenWing

"The best game ever made? Most definitely."

This was the best game I've ever played. Never before has an RPG captured my attention. Heck, I bought a playstation just to get Final Fantasy VII (too slow on my computer).

The cast of characters were awesome. I could relate to them all, and I felt for them. The cinematic scenes were just awesome, amplifying some of the most intense moments. All the songs were great, and this soundtrack almost beats that of Final Fantasy 6 (3 in USA). The enemies were challenging, especially the American WEAPONS (Emerald and Ruby). The hunt for Ultimate Weapons and Ultimate Limit Breaks kept it going, and Chocobo Breeding was one of the most creative and innovative parts of any Final Fantasy game that I've ever seen. It was especially rewarding when you rode your Gold Chocobo to the Knights of the Round Materia. The story, whew, the story was awesome. The story itself kept me playing the game, and no other game has ever done that for me. I was on the edge of my seat in some parts. It was like an interactive movie! Unbelieveable story - I can only hope Final Fantasy 8 is as good or better.

This game is like none other, and nothing I've ever played comes near rivaling it. SquareSoft made a true masterpiece here.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 12/16/02