Final Fantasy VIII
Question from rocknrollawAsked: 4 years ago
After I receive the Lionheart sword, how do I get the final limit break?
Additional details - 4 years ago
We got a limit break probably 30 times and never saw Lionheart then while fighting the last boss it happened 3 time in a row.
Top Voted AnswerFrom: DarkRItual25 4 years ago
The calculations for getting Squall's Limit breaks are as follows. First you need to be under a high enough crisis state to get a limit break after your renzokuken. When the game decides that you will perform a limit break, it will begin to choose which limit break to use. You have a 25% chance to get any of the limit breaks. It will randomly select from all four limits EVEN if you don't have them available. When it selects a limit, it will then check to see if you can use that perticular limit break. If you can't then it will downgrade it one limit break (e.g. if it selects Lion Heart, but you do not have lion heart yet, then it will downgrade it to Blasting Zone.) and then it will assess again if you can use it. if you can then that is what you get, if not, then it will repeat that step until you can. So if all you can use is Fated Circle and Rough Divide, the you have a 25% chance to get rough Divide and a 75% chance (25% for Fated Circle, 25% for Blasting Zone, and 25% for lion heart) to get Fated Circle. There is no Stat that affects this statistic at all. It is chosen completely at random. hope that helped.
From: cr1985 4 years ago
You just need to have the Lionheart weapon and Squall will use the move randomly after his limit break, just like any other finishing move of his.
From: Vyse_skies 4 years ago
It does seem to happen more on the last boss which makes the last boss incredibly easy.
From: Spirolli 4 years ago
For Squall's final limit break Lionheart, I found that after performing it for the first time it gains regularity in the limit breaks that you perform after renzokuken. After getting the lionheart sword, it did take me a while to perform lionheart the limit break but after I performed it for the first time I got it in a fewer tries than I did before.
However, it doesn't become that regular. After performing a ton of Lionheart limit breaks the chances that you'll perform it only go to 1 out of every 5 to 6 limit breaks you perform. I just suggest trying to perform it regularly and then you'll use it more often.
From: hockeycrazed14 4 years ago
Lionheart's frequency is not increased when it is used. It is totally random, except some parameters do seem to effect it. Like if all your characters are at full HP and Squall is under Aura, it is very rare to get lionheart, but if two characters are dead and squall is in critical he is more likely to.
This also explains why he seems to use it more against ultimecia, because Hell's Judgement makes everyone down to 1 hp, so it is a pretty critical moment
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|The end, not just a limit break but a spell?||Answered||sully8286|
|How do I get selphie's limit break, the end?||Answered||prima23|
|What determines the move Angelo uses during Rinoa's Limit Break?||Answered||rocketshipper|
|For characters other than Squall, is it better to use gf or limit breaks?||Answered||redisrad|
|Can you still do all the sidequests before the final dungeon?||Answered||michell3_h0|