Review by NMarin

"Only the blind fail to see this for a good game."

Music/Sound: 7/10
Challenge: 10/10 (If played for challenge) otherwise: 7/10
Control: 9/10

Well, i have to say that this is my favorite addition to the series. Although People get mad because the system for everything is new, they really shouldnt. The magic system HAS been reworked, but for the better. Instead of being able to put Ultima on a level 3 Tifa, You have to be able to draw it from the enemy. Which is definetly an improvement. And instead of Armor, YOU NEED SKILLS. Armor just makes the game easy, because if there were armor, You could be invincible without much work. But in FF8, You have to junction Magic to the stats. This game is also Graphically amazing. The CG animations look almost REAL. Another plus for this game is the challenge. Instead of levelling up to 100 and killing everything in your path, you have a constant challenge. About the Guardian force system, it is one of my favorite additions. Being able to level up my Magic was a defining mark. When you learn skills, I.E. Steal, you can equip them or not. Unlike Materia, you have to level up the skills on ALL characters. Now for the sound. NOTHING, And i mean NOTHING, can compare to the creator of the Music for the Final Fantasy series 1-5. In FF8, that is evident, but i still like some of the tracks. A nice challenge for the player is to beat the game at the lowest level possible. You would need to know and understand the Junction system. As for the control,; Dual shock is an improvement. The Spells in this game are stunning, The CGI is too, and it is good in all other categories. I suggest you shell out the 70$ to buy this game as i did.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 04/07/02