Review by SDefender

"The RPG that knocks out FFVII out of the league!!"

Well, first of all Final Fantasy VIII is the best RPG I've ever played. (Even though i still look eagerly for its English Version). It has the best story, best sounds, graphics, system, everything!

It surely beat the hell out of CLoud and his gang.

Now I'm gonna explain each of the points:

The Story
By far the best. FFVII delivers a very confusing story. I still can't figure out who's Cloud is in love with. (Aerith? Tifa? or even BArret!?). But FFVIII eliminates that. The Story is about two couple that's destined for each other. True Love indeed. And Rinoa, ouch! THe best female character of all games! Even Aerith and Tifa could match her!!

The Sound
Doing some experiments through Xenogears, Square did great on FFVIII's music. Very reallistic and awesome.

The Battle
Probably some of you Like FF7 better 'cause it's faster. Well, I don't care. FFVIII gives far more realistic battle. (Could anyone dash straight to attack an enemy without using his legs to run, only Cloud can do that!)

Overall
I give FFVIII the best score I can get. The reason is that FFVIII literally sucks me to its world where it's really a whole new world out there. You can rest, take a side trip using NORMAL vehicles! (I hate FFVII cause you're stuck with total terror and suspence the whole game! No time for exploring and relax!)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 04/07/02