Review by crimson_fox00

"THE best racing sim of its time"

Let me start off by saying that I love this game. I grew up with a Playstation, and out of the few games that I had, this was definitely my favorite.

------------------------
You may look at this and start to wonder, but just remember that this game came out for the Playstation, not the PS2, not the Xbox 360, the Playstation. At the time these were some pretty good graphics. The courses were original, and they didn't blur as bad as some games still do today.

------------------------
This was the only thing that didn't satisfy me. For all of the license tests and everything, I found it pretty hard to control any of the cars, let alone with the analog stick, which made things 3 times harder. Other than that, everything else was pretty realistic, the acceleration of the cars, braking, etc...

------------------------
I don't see how anything could have improved about the sound. The cars sounded like cars, and the music was very appropriate. Overall, this made gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

Replay Value: N/A
------------------------
Something just tells me that after amassing all of the cars & customizations, and getting the tuning just right, that no one would really want to do all of that over again. That being said, it takes a pretty long time to "beat" this game.

Not everyone would try to collect all of the cars, and customize each and every one of them to just the perfect settings, but that would surely be a factor to how long it takes to "beat" the game.

------------------------
There are so many factors that I can't give a score here, such as realism or just pure fun. If you really want to know why this game deserves a perfect 10, you have to play it.

But allow me to contradict myself. If I could, however, give this game a 9.5 out of 10, I would have. For this whole review I have been unbiased towards the platform of this game, meaning I didn't base the scores on today's standard.

Even so, the one thing that could have been improved would have to be the gameplay. Even though there were several different control schemes, none of them could make up for the way that the cars handled - atrociously.

A legend not to be forgotten, Gran Turismo stands as a gem in the Playstation realm.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/18/07