Review by jerbils

"What an incredible, incredible game"

Wow. This is the only racing game you need. Well, actually, it depends. If you want wild and crazy cars going 400 mph doing huge loop-de-loops in the air, buy F-Zero or something. This game is a simulator. Everything in this game exists in the real world. The only more thing realistic than this is reality itself. Anyway, on with the review.

Graphics: Sweet merciful crap, this thing looks good. The Playstation can only handle 360,000 polygons per second, but GT2 sure did a good job making it not seem so. A few gripes I do have to acknowledge, though. The game does have issues with pop-up and graphical glitches every now and then. But other than that, you won't find a better looking racer that GT2. 9/10

Control: Amazing. Every car handles different, and after tuning a car up, it's handling changes. It is especially noticable after weight reductions. And after making slight adjustments to the gears and whatnot, the car handles a weensy bit different. 10/10

Sound: Meh. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I know the creators hand recorded each and every sound, but it really doesn't add much to the overall experience. Also I don't really like the soundtrack(and no, it's not because of Dragula-I actually like that song). They really made some poor decisions of which songs went into the game. And seriously, why isn't Metallica's Fuel in there? It would be perfect for this game! 7/10

Glitches: The original version of GT2 (the one I have) has some major glitches. Excuse me, some? MANY major glitches.
Like the one that deletes your garage. Or the one with only 98% possible completion? There are too many to name. However, later versions of GT2 did fix those, so pick one of those up instead. 2/10

Replay: This is where this game really excels. This game will destroy your social life. There is so much to do, it's mind boggling. And after you complete everything on the simulation disc, there's the arcade disc to screw around with. Incredible. 10/10

Overall: Even with the many notable problems, I still give this game a 10. In the overall scheme of things, this game is truly amazing. The good greatly outweighs the bad here. GET THIS GAME. 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/11/01, Updated 06/11/01