Review by Nemesis

"Oh baby..."

You wanna know somethin'? After I beat the first Gran Turismo, I never, EVER, thought that there would be a racing game that would ever top it. At first I thought that R4 might be the one, but alas, it was just an arcade racer, and, while insanely fun, didn't quite live up to the Gran Turismo name and dynasty. Well, after playing Gran Turismo 2 for well over 80 hours total, I'd have to say that Gran Turismo is the racing game of the millenium, and has left the original GT in it's dust. Let's break GT2 down into the most important aspects of a game, shall we?

GRAPHICS - 9/10:
-----------------
The visuals in GT 2 are outstanding to say the least. Forget what you may have heard from others who tell you ''How much better looking GT1 was.'' Well this is B.S. Even though there wasn't a substantial leap in graphics, GT2 is still the best looking racing game on the market...well, except for maybe R4. :) And despite what you may have heard, I have yet to experience ANY slowdown whatsoever.

SOUND - 10/10
-----------------
The sound effects in GT2 are still as amazing as ever. If you thought that the car sounds from GT1 couldn't get any better, well, you were wrong. My only complaint is that many of the cars sound alike, but that really doesn't matter much, since you get so caught up in the AMAZING gameplay.

The soundtrack for GT2 is equally amazing. But, awesome as it is, I'd give the soundtrack a 8/10, mainly because the game only plays about four different songs while racing, and they do get repetitive after a while.

GAMEPLAY - 10/10
-----------------
Man this game is sweet! It plays even better than GT1, if you can beleive it. Every single one of the cars in the game handle differently, and have their own unique Pros and Cons. FR cars take turns better than the other cars, but they tend to over-steer. 4WD cars are good overall, while FF cars tend to under-steer, and so on.

The sheer depth of GT2 is unparralled. With over 500 cars, at least 40 hours of gameplay (trust me on this one), AND rally racing, this baby will keep you playing for weeks on end, and then some. I guarentee that I'll still be playing this sucker a year from now.

-------------------
CONTROL - 10/10
-------------------
Manuvering the vehicles in GT2 is as easy as ever, and since they handle realistically, there's plenty of variety within these two discs. Using the Dual-Shock is the best way to go, and there is NO alternative that will allow you such precision on the track. Some of my gripes are that some of the FR cars spin out too easily *cough, Viper, cough*, and it's irritating, but it's not a control issue; it's just how the game plays: Well.

REPLAY - 10/10
------------------
Like I said earlier in the review, I GUARENTEE I'll be playing GT2 a year from now, and I mean it. After playing for over 80 hours, I'm only 21 % done with the game. Yep, I'll take a while...

------------------
OVERALL - 10/10
------------------
This is the greatest racing game of all time, and rightfully so. It's the equivilant to the Autobahn; Huge, fast, and the king of the road(s).

Buy it.