Review by Boman420

"Fun for mature audiences"

First off, let me say that I find it interesting that this game received both a ''1'' and a ''10'' by other reviewers. Nevertheless, I'd say this game falls somewhere in between, a little bit better than average.

My first encounter with Grand Theft Auto is a strange one. I had it for about a month when my brother let someone borrow it. That guy let someone borrow it who in turn...well, you get it. I never got it back. As ''revenge'' my brother ''borrowed'' Mission: Impossible for the N64. A lopsided trade if you ask me, but whatever. About a month ago, I bought GTA 1 & 2 at Best Buy for $9.99 each. Good deal, if you ask me.

The moral of the story is never, ever let your brothers or sisters touch any of your stuff. Ever. You just can't trust them or their friends.

Grand Theft Auto is a controversial game in that it uses some language, not printable here, and other mature themes to move along the game. Sure the story is lax (steal this, blow this up, kill him, etc.) but that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining.

Some missions are basic like stealing a bike while some are sort of out there like killing your mom with remote control cars for asking for the rent.

The graphics are pretty bad. Sometimes you can't tell which way you are facing. I've walked into water and killed myself because of this. The gameplay is fast paced and it is fun to rush down the highway at a million miles per.

The sound can be good or bad. I actually like some of the songs on the ''radio.'' Then again I hate other songs with a passion. Once you have beaten it, you might replay it, but I had to wait a few months. Some missions are quite challenging but there is an even mix of easy, medium, and hard.

At least worth renting once. If you haven't already bought it, go rent it at blockbuster. Not the best game ever made, but definitely not deserving of a ''1.'' Not for sensitive people or children under the age of 17, because you know what kids do these days...

Good aspects:
--Freedom to roam around a city and do almost anything
--Levels are big and pretty well designed
--Mature themes can enhance gameplay to some degree

Bad aspects:
--Graphics are too weak and simplistic
--I hate a couple of the songs.

Challenge: 6/10