Review by OBSeSsIveGaMUr

"That was the best root beer fizzy ever!"

I had played the first Jumping Flash! and loved it. So naturally I almost wet myself when I saw this in stores. And sure, it may seem a little childish, but if you look past the silly title and the bunny on the front you have an incredibly innovative and well done game that makes up an entire genre for itself (space bunny shoot-em-up).

The graphics are lively, colorful, charming, and well done. Especially the atmospheric affects in this game, like the sun, rain, and snow. Those effects look really nice, plus just the general feel of the game. The plethora of baddies and bosses that populate this game are also mind bogglingly well done. The water in this game is also done superbly, as your vision is clouded when you first jump in the water but then it stabilizes to a normal view. I just can't rave enough.

This game (if possible) is more fun than the first! It has several vibrant levels that are nice to look at and are even more fun to play. The roller coaster level is really rockin', I just like to ride on those for a while. Plus the innovation of jumping around in a white robotic bunny. I mean, this is great! Also the cinema cutscenes are pretty fun and add to the overall zaniness and craziness of this game. They have added some special weapons (kept the roman candle though smart move!) which are also very well done. This game is also hard enough to give you a challenge and gives satisfaction in beating it. Not to mention the crazy ending. Overall this game is SO FUN to play and only gets a little boring for its two maze/exploration levels. That's it. All the levels (including the mazes) are very well designed, exotic, different, and ultimately very fun to jump around in; that right there is what puts Jumping Flash!2 in a class of its own.

Sound/Audio: 10/10
The music in this game is great. It goes perfectly with the carefree theme of jumping around and shooting colorful badguys. The voices are also very good, especially those of the Muumuu's and Baron Aloha. This music is also very atmospheric and really adds flavor to the level you're jumping around on. Furthermore, the sound effects for the special weapons and jumping and the enemies sounds are just super. A very large effort was no doubt put forth to do these sound effects just right, and it shows

Replayability: 10/10
This game has answered the original's main qualm of being too short by adding an extra mode once you beat the game, which is also quite fun and features several silly cinemas. There's also time attack mode, which pits you against the clock. I just kept coming back to this game again and again for the intricate levels and the sheer brilliance of it all.

This is one one of the most imaginative games out there. Coupled with flawless execution, this game is truly magnificent. My only worry is that gamers will look at its silly title and pass it off as a ''pokemon clone''. Do yourself a favor and pick this game up from the local game store, as it will most likely be a relatively cheap buy. I would recommend buying (as opposed to renting) this game as its replayability coupled with its low price will make it a bargain hard to pass up. Unfortunately, this game did not match well with the PS's wanted demographic of teens and its ''anything goes'' attitude for games (like for RE and Twisted Metal). Thus, the marketing push for the first Jumping Flash was negligent, and the push for the second was pretty much not there. Too bad this game wasn't released on the more supposedly ''kiddy'' N64 because I'd wager dimes to dollars Nintendo would have most likely advertised it more and then more people (not just me)would be standing up to proclaim this game's greatness. A rare game that actually drastically improves over the flaws from its predecessor, and a sequel deserving of the original. A lighthearted game at best, but that does not mean this groundbreaking title should be taken lightly.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/06/02, Updated 07/06/02