Review by Justinsl1986

"One Of The Best Simulations Out There"

When I first got this game, I thought it was going to be pretty lame. But after playing it for awhile, I was way wrong. This game is so much fun.

Graphics: The graphics are plain and simple. Just a monster in 3D running around a farm. In battles, there are some pretty stunning particle effects as well.
My score: 9/10

Gameplay: Here's where the game really shines. You start off by getting a monster, which can be done in a few ways. You can either get one from the market, combine two other monsters in one, or get them from a CD. Getting them from a CD is almost always fun. Since there are nearly 400 monsters that you can raise, you'll be occupied for hours. Once you've got your monster, you take it to the farm, and begin to raise it. You can either do drills or send it to errantry. At errantry, you can also learn new moves for your monster. When you think your monster is strong enough, you can battle it in tournaments. In these, you can win prize money and sometimes items. The gameplay in Monster Rancher 2 is almost never dull.
My score: 10/10

Story: This game doesn't really have that much of a story. You are a boy that has a dream to become the best monster trainer of them all. You start out by meeting Colt and with her you raise all your monsters. As you go along, you meet a few other characters and their are some events that move the story along a little. All in all, the story isn't the main part of Monster Rancher 2.
My score: 7/10

Sound: Here's where the game can get a bit lame. There are a few songs to the game, but they just constantly repeat over and over. The sound effects fit good and the monsters can make some decent noises.
My score: 7/10

Replayability: Oh my gosh, here's something that delivers incredibly. This game has got to have one of the highest replay factors I have ever seen in a game. I got this game nearly 3 years ago, and me and my friends are still playing it. On top of that, we are still enjoying it. This game pretty much never stops, there is always something to do. There is also a Vs. mode so you can battle all your friends monsters, which adds immensely to the game.
My score: 10/10

Summary: While it may not shine in the graphics, story, and sound department, they are all decent. Besides, the gameplay and replay factor make up for it all.

Buy or rent: I'd say buy this game. You'll love it and spend hours on end just playing with your friends just seeing who can raise the best monster.
Overall score: 9 10 7 7 10=8.6 or 9