"Only for Digimon World fans."

Introduction

This is a pretty good PlayStation game. I myself don't play this game that much anymore, but when you first play Monster Rancher 2 it will be very fun, and interesting. After the first month and a half it becomes way to repetitive to keep on playing, so if you're looking for a game to have fun with forever this isn't for you. If you've just got money to blow go ahead and buy this game.

Story 5/10

This game doesn't really have a story line. It's really more of a continuous battling type of game. You train, feed, take care of, love, award your monster, so he can become stronger to enter in tournaments to progress through the game. That's about all this game is really. Yeah.....a game without a story. I know how pointless.

Gameplay 6/10

The gameplay is not really that complicated. You train your monster, so you it can learn new techniques to beat stronger monsters in the game. This game has a very interesting way to get new monsters. You can go to the shrine, and a screen will pop out saying to put a CD in the disk drive, and depending on what the code for the CD is will determine what monster you get. You can also combine monsters to obtain monsters, and you can also buy them. Whenever you want to use a new monster you can freeze your current monster, and get a new one or un-freeze a monster you previously froze.

Graphics/Sound 8/10

The graphics are not that bad for the PlayStation. They look fairly decent compared to some other games put out around the time this game was released, but they still could've put more use to the power of the PlayStation. The sounds are not that bad for the time of the game's release. Nothing to bad in those departments.

Playtime/Replayability 7/10

This game is pretty much the same thing over and over again, so you will like this game to replay a lot or you will regret ever even buying it. The playtime before you beat the game might take about twelve hours, good little bit of time to beat this game.

Final Recommendation

I suggest you rent this game to see if you like how the game plays, because if you don't this whole game will be a huge disappointment. I myself found it boring. If you like games such as Digimon World you will like this game, so to you people I say go buy this game you'll like it.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 08/12/03