Review by Zabunny

"An excellent addition to the Resident Evil series"

As soon as I rented Resident Evil 3: Nemesis from Blockbuster Video, I knew that this was a game I would have to buy.

Unlike Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2, you do not have the option to choose between different characters. This isn't a bad thing, however, as you do get the chance to play as another character as the game progresses. There are two difficulty settings which you can choose from: Easy Mode (which is quite easy), and Hard Mode (much more of a challenge). You start off playing as Jill Valentine, a member of an elite devision of the RPD (Raccoon Police Department) police force known as S.T.A.R.S, which stands for Special Tactics And Rescue Squad.

To understand the storyline, I suggest you first play Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2, both of which are very good games. RE3 is a very fun game to play, and proposes a good, fun challenge. The play control is better than it was in RE2, still similar, though. The graphics are quite good, and the FMVs, of course, are absolutely amazing. The game has a creepy soundtrack to it, fitting in perfectly with the atmosphere of RE3.

If you're a fan of the Resident Evil series, this is definitely a game that you can't afford to miss. Turn off the lights, crank up the volume, and enjoy!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/00, Updated 01/05/00