Review by napster

"I Still Remember Nemesis...."

Resident Evil will and always be the greatest survival horror game series out there. Resident Evil came into the world and shocked,literally, everybody and gave grown men nightmares. Resident Evil 2 was next and it was twice as scary as the previous game. The one for Nintendo 64 brought Resident Evil to a new world and will always be remembered as the best survivor horror games to date (next to the Playstation versions of course.) Now enter Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and it was nothing but a scare....

Story: The story seems to be a bit more complex than the previous game..but still seems to be shorter. You play as Jill Valentine who is the last surviving member of the S.T.A.R.S. team. The game starts twenty four hours from the previous game and twenty four hours after the previous game. As I mentioned above Jill is the last survivor of the S.T.A.R.S. team but it would seem that she is being stalked by a monster bigger, stronger, and faster than any other zombie which is bad news for Jill since it seems that he cannot be destroyed..Also he wants all S.T.A.R.S. members dead at once...And soon..This story is very complex but it will seem like the story is being rushed a bit when you're used to two scenarios in the previous game..You only get one very long scenario but still seems to be short.

Gamplay: The gameplay I found to be very similair to the previous game even though I played Resident Evil 2 on the Nintendo 64 it still seemed very similiar. The only difference was that you had to hold down a button to run which was very bad when the Nemesis popped up. It simply got annoying. However, all the zombies all seemed very more alive than the zombies in Resident Evil 2 which seemed to be much more faster. The bosses seemed to have a motive to run after you but were still no match for me. I found almost everything more exciting. The controller rumbled whenever the Nemesis was about to show up. It rumbled when there was a decision I had to make. The controller just made everything more exciting.

Graphics: I found the graphics to be both interesting and cool. The zombies looked more like people and more scary looking at the same time. The FMV sequences were more realistic than ever. The cop cars were very more alive and had more color. The bad guys, as known as Nemesis, Gravedigger,etc. were alive and you could see much more detail than the ones in Resident Evil 2. The backgrounds seemed to display much more detail than ever before. Overall, there were no errors in this category.

Sound: Very much alive the zombies' moans made it seem like you were right in Raccoon City discovering and investigating the pain at hand. The background music was good but not great. I enjoyed, and feared, the Nemesis' theme whenever he was close by or about to come after me. The gunshots all sounded real. The handgun sounded real in almost every way. When the ceiling collapsed it really sounded like a ceiling collapsed instead of something else. There were hardly any errors in this category.

Challenge: Oh my gosh do I really have to go threw this? The challenge was mind-boggling and it had me wondering what was going to happen next. Every Nemesis fight was different and he even mutated a few times. He runs fast unlike the Tyrant who just walked after you. You always have to think before shooting off your precious ammo because if you haven't seen the Nemesis in awhile (which happens rarely) then you better think about making some ammo or saving it. Sometimes the challenge may be as simple as getting to one side or another or so challenging as you're about to throw your freaking Playstation out the window as well as Nemesis. It is very hard to rate this challenge, but I can guarrentee that you will not be disappointed by this game.

Replayability: This is kind of hard to rate...If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan than you will probly play this for a little more than a month. After that you will be in the mood like ''Oh I haven't played this in a long time'' and that will probably be the only time you play it. If you're new to the Resident Evil series you will probably just play it twice all the way through then end up selling it in a garage sale. There is this cool minigame after you complete the game but you will probly be so bored with it after about a week you won't care about it after awhile.

Final Verdict: If you're a hardcore Resident Evil fan then I reccommend that you go out and buy this game right away! If you're not a hardcore Resident Evil fan but you still like Resident Evil then still buy it. If you're new to the Resident Evil series then I reccommend a rent. This game was very fun and I don't see how it could let anyone down.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/16/03