Review by Alucard517

"Jill is back and ready to kill"

Jill is back and she is doing everything she can to escape the horrors of Raccoon city. The game takes place in parts of Raccoon City you might recognize from the previous title Resident Evil 2. Unlike the first game Jill took place in, she has no friends to help her when she needs it. She is the tough girl that you see in the movies always kicking ass and showing women can be tough. So go grab your shotgun and let's get going on some zombies.

Graphics 7

The graphics aren't much better than Resident Evil 2. The characters still have the same general look to them, cop outfits on and heavy machine gun artillery attached to them. Jill took a better look in this game by wearing a black skirt and a tight blue shirt. But if you don't like that after you beat the game you get a special key that you use to a boutique and change her outfit. The details in the buildings are good as usual, the typical looking better than the characters themselves. And you can tell if there is going to be something you need to pick up, because of the graphics being totally different. There has been more detail to some of the monsters and there are more monsters added also. It seems they over exaggerated on the weapons graphics, they had the weapons a little too big compare to their normal size. But that's ok we all like chicks with big guns. The videos are really neat, even though there aren't that many in the whole game. Overall the graphics may not be the best but the do help the game become what it is.

Game Play 8

What can be better than a hot chick with a big gun going around town and shooting everything in site? You just can't get better and that's final. Having a excellent selection of weapons as you go through the game, you will need it for the enemies you will face. The controls are really great, because with the simple press of down on the d-pad along with square will turn you around 180 degrees in a fast motion. That can be your best friend or possibly your worst enemy. It will help a lot to use this when you are in tight situations with zombies, you can just turn around and run like crazy. While unlike the other games, in this one you actually have close calls with the nemesis. You might be enjoying your conversation with someone then out of nowhere Nemesis decides to break through a wall or something. And if that doesn't scare you then I don't know what will. A new feature in this game is there are certain times you will run into a two way situation. For example, you will run into Nemesis a lot in this game, and one of the times in the beginning you have the option to fight him (did I mention he is evil) or you can not fight him and run into the S.T.A.R.S. building. With certain situations you get better results when it comes to ammunition, or you will find items a different way with what option you choose.

Story 6

There is a certain story that follows through each resident evil, but it seems they all have the same sense to them. Somebody has found their way to raccoon city and run into the zombies and they need to get out. But in Jill's case she has come from the mansion just outside of Raccoon City and made her way to the town. And she is here to end this menace once and for all. And you are the one who gets to control her through Raccoon City. Unlike the first RE you are all alone; there is no Barry or Wesker around to help or just too plain piss you off. You must make your way out of the town and along your adventures you will find some places that you run into in the second RE. I'm not sure but from playing through this game and the rest of the series it seems this game takes place before RE 2, and finishes after it. I might be wrong but I might be right who knows.

Sound 8

Nothing can scare you out better when it comes to sounds in RE. I'm sure there is but when you first place this game when you are young this game can scare you out a bit. Sometimes you will be walking along down a road and you will hear a strange noise, who would ever guess what it could be. ZOMBIE!!!! If any game could top the scary noises I would have to say it is the Silent Hill series. But we will read about that another time. The gun noises I couldn't tell you if they are anywhere near what they sound like but I'm sure that they aren't the same. Nobody could ever forget the famous noise that comes from the main adversary in the game. Good old Nemesis, the one and only line that he has. STARS! It will haunt you forever while you are in the game. If you hear that noise you better be ready for some beatings coming from him. But if you get luck enough you can dodge his moves and run into another area till he stops following you. One good thing about the sound is that there is no horrible voice acting in this game. I believe some of the characters have the same voices, but not horrible timing on when they are suppose to speak. But for most of all this games sound is better quality than the earlier titles.

Replay Value 9

This game seems to keep you going for a while. One reason is to see what happens on some of those options, choosing different ones and find what happens. Another reason could be for when you beat the game for the first time you get an Item called the boutique key. What you do with this is take it to a certain area in the beginning and you get certain outfit you can wear you next time through the game. Which each difficulty you beat it and the better score you get the more outfits you receive. But overall this game is just fun to go through and through and prove to other people you are the master of Resident Evil.

Graphics 7
Game Play 8
Story 6
Sound 8
Replay Value 9

Overall Rating 8

This is one of the better of the series I believe. If you like this than you should also try the other Resident Evils that are out there. Each on of them is good in their own way. So if you are a survival horror fan then you should pick this game up, it is your destiny.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/04