Review by JTrueblood

"The best of the RE series on Playstation!"

Resident Evil 3 is one of the best games on the Playstation today. In it you play Jill Valentine, a former S*T*A*R*S member. She is fleeing the city, but she hits a snag in her plans. An eight foot tall monster who is on your tail throughout the entire game. He can either punch, grab you or even shoot you with a rocket launcher!

CONTROL: The control here is almost completly flawless. The dodge and push options saved me several times. The only flaw is that the dodge option is the same button as the fire button. So when I was shooting at a dog on a platform, I ended up dodging it instead. Other wise, the control is perfect. SCORE: 9.5

SOUND: The distinct sounds of each of the monsters is very helpful and realistic. The sound of a zombie moaning and the Nemesis grunting ''STARS'' is almost enough to scare into turning the machine off. The only problem that I found was that the monster sounds were too realistic. SCORE: 10

FUN FACTOR: This game is very fun. The random monsters and weapons make each playthrough different. The Live Selections give the game an added flavor. If the Playstation that I rented had a memory card, I would have saved before each Live Selection to see the outcome. The mini-game might be fun, but I never made it that far.
SCORE:10

GRAPHICS: The graphics are superb. Most of the zombies are differnt with a few exceptions. The creatures could be frightening if you are frightened by that sort of thing. The unique creatures are very detailed. The new creatures are a good addition to the RE universe. Hopefully, we will see more of them in the future. SCORE: 10

TO BUY OR RENT: If you don't like Survival-Horror games, you should rent it to make sure if you like it. Otherwise, you should definatly buy it. This is the game that made me want to save up for a Playstation. I had been thimking about it for a while, but RE3 definatly convinced me.

OVERALL: 10/10 I had to round up for this. But this game is definatly worhty of the title. Three words. BUY IT NOW!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/10/00, Updated 04/10/00