Review by asurahime

"I don't understand why people didn't give this game a chance"

Well, actually I do. This is one of the most underrated games ever, and nearly everyone knows it. Since it was made by SquareSoft, people thought that it was going to be just like the Final Fantasy Series, but then when they played a little bit of it, they hated it without actually learning about the whole thing. That's one of the things I don't like about some people. This was actually something new instead of being dragged on and on through a game's plot without so much as a by-your-leave. Saga Frontier focuses on the battle and techinques system more than the plot; and I think that's great.

The gameplay is what Saga Frontier was mostly about anyway; the unique learning system and being able to choose your own techniques is much better than being stuck with just one.

What do I have to say? I loved the graphics in this game. Even the little sprites were so cute!! Mostly, I adore the backgrounds of the places.

Characters: 10++++/10
Wai, wai, wai!!! If you visit the Saga Frontier message board, you'll understand what I mean!! I luv Ildon!! Kilgamesh, CJones, and them know what I'm talking about. The only character you can actually hate in the game is CIATO... god, I love killing him!! *brandished a mega memory card a-la-Setzer style.*

Music: 10/10
You'll have to hear the music in the game to believe me. I liked the music everywhere, from the battle, and even the music from Time Lord's realm before you wake up everything. (I know there was no music, but I don't care!!)

Replay Value: 10/10
What other score will I give?? I'm playing it right now!!

Plot: 9/10... in most cases...
Play Blue's and Lute's quest and compare it to Asellus', Red's and the others and you'll know what I mean...

Overall: 10+/10
Read the above and obviously, I can only come up with this conclusion.

I have only one more thing to say. If you haven't played the game yet, at least try it. And if you started but gave up because you didn't like the plot, or Ciato scared the **** out of you... it's your loss for the plot, but you can kill Ciato later... which is what I'm doing now!! Ooh... my koi landed the killing blow just as Ciato was about to cause Asellus to kneel.... *sigh, starry-eyed* I love this... well, what you people do now is up to you, take my word for it...

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/21/00, Updated 08/21/00