Review by PEVAlution

"Turkeys, turkeys, and yet more turkeys..."

Let me first tell you a story. I was happening to stroll around in the mall when suddenly I saw SOUTH PARK in the stands of Software Etc. I was like, "Holy ----! I need that right away!" Yes, I AM an impulse buyer, and what I am trying to do is to prevent YOU from becoming one. I took 50 big ones from my wallet, ran into the store, and grabbed one from the counter.

As soon as I went home, I popped the disc in the Playstation and started it up. Watching from the screen, I saw the Acclaim logo, Comedy Central logo, and then a REALLY (sorry, I have to say this) stupid FMV. "Ok, so that wasn't the best," I said to myself, "there must be more than just FMVs." I did the first player story mode and when I saw the first level, it was horrible. The landscaping was poorly made, but the effect of the mist was OK. I walked around using Cartman (the characters can say some stuff ), when suddenly I saw a pretty large turkey. Yes, turkey. Killing it using my snowball as a weapon, I saw more. MORE TURKEYS. And more....and more....and more....

Sorry, that was not a dream. If you didn't figure it out yet, the object of this game is so to kill. Kill, mutilate, and leave the level. And, boy, did I have a hard time finding the end of the level. The storyline of South Park is actually based on the TV episodes itself. Aliens, turkeys, and freakish clones have taken over South Park and it is you, Cartman, Kyle, Stan, or Kenny to send them back to the depths of wherever they came from. There are also a fun variety of weapons as well, to help you along the way.

There are different episodes you can play, each with its own levels. Beat a level and you'll be rewarded with a password you can use to unlock new characters for the Multiplayer Mode. If you people have played Goldeneye for N64 (I'm still a Playstation fantic!), you'll see that the Multiplayer Mode is very, very good. Head over to South Park's Multiplayer Mode, and you'll be begging for Goldeneye. The arenas where you fight are VERY small, and the weapons are pretty limited. You can finish a fight in 30 seconds flat! Locating a person is not that hard, unless they're invisible.

To tell you the truth, I didn't enjoy this game too much. The bosses can be a big pain, and so will killing all the enemies, too. Finding your way through the levels will be tiresome. Definitely rent this title first!!!

Graphics: The characters are pretty basically made, and the worlds are real flat.

Sound/Music: Quality South Park themes and sounds (I hope thats not Cartman farting).
Music: 8/10

Innovation/Concept: You'll get so bored of this game, it'll wind up under the bed or in your closet.
Innovation: 5/10
Concept: 7/10

Presentation: Acclaim has tried to make a game based on South Park, and I think they did a (only) good job. What else can they add on??
Presentation: 7/10