Review by Vivox

"Uhhhh... I hate you Kenny."

South Park the game is a first-person shooter from way back in 1999 and was made by Acclaim for the Nintendo 64. The game (months after its initial release) was ported to the PlayStation.

Story: The story for the game is that a comet is heading straight towards South Park and is causing all sorts of messed up stuff to happen, such as mutant turkeys to go berserk and attack people. The story is mostly taken from the shows first season (the mutant turkey episode, the alien probing episode, etc.). But the story fits into the usual South Park flair, so I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

Gameplay: The game is a first-person shooter akin to Turok,. You control either of the four kids (Cartman, Kenny, Stan, and Kyle) and go around South Park killing animals along the way with such weapons as snowballs, the infamous yellow snowballs, and kickballs. The game controls like Turok and plays like Turok in South Park, and since I like the Turok games and am a huge fan of South Park, the gameplay gets a 7 out of 10.

Graphics: The game is graphically challenged as much as Timmy is mentally challenged. The characters don't look exactly right, and you can't see five feet in front of you (the environment more than five feet in front of you is supposed to be a foggy white, like in the original Turok). The buildings and other environmental things once you get closed get extremely pixelated and blurry, so the graphics all around are hurting. But considering I bought this game in 2004, and the game is now five years old, I'll give the graphics a 5 out of 10.

Music/ Sound: The music and sound of the game are pretty decent. In game the music has a South Park-ish flavor that fits the game. The sound has the problem of the voices sometimes being too low and hard to hear (a common problem with first-person shooters). The sounds of the turkeys gobbeling and the various other sounds are all distinct and sound decent, so I'll give the sound a 7 out of 10.

Replayability: Even though I'm a huge South Park fan, I'll probably only ever play through this game once or twice, so I'll give the replayability a 5 out of 10.

Buy, or Rent?: If your a South Park fan or a fan of Turok, this game may be up your alley. However, if you don't fit into thw category above, don't waste your time, as you'll most likely find the game boring and repetitive. But if you do want to play the game, I'd suggest buying it as the game now costs as much as a rent (I bought if for five bucks from a local blockbuster).

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/04