Review by Duel007

"Amusing, for a little while, then just flat out frustrating."

I didn't really ever like any of the South Park games. I found them kind of boring. But when I seen this I knew it would be good. It really was, but it is also FRUSTRATING!!!

The game had some good graphics. Full 3-D racing environment. You also get to see all your favorite South Park character's in full 3-D little racing carts and cars. The certain level's you race through had everything from bumps and waves in the road to stray chickens running around like they had their head's chopped off. The graphics were done beautifully and provide the maximum it can give in 3-D racing.

Control: 9/10

The control was good. A few basic functions you should know and you can master it. The main basic control's were accelerate, brake, and use item's. That's all you really need to know. But if you want to become a REAL master you should know them all. One control that will give you a big advantage is knowing how to use the hand brake. The hand brake let's you pull of such nice turns. A definite must for mastering...

You race and shoot item's at each other. But it is a little bit more than that. It gives you a WIDE selection of character's to play as and unlock. Even Timmy is in it and that makes it all the more fun. Just about every South Park character you can think of is in it. It even has the Cop Cartman. Each level gives you different mission's to do. Like do the checkpoint's in the order they occur or collect chickens and deliver them to the checkpoint. It is fun at first, but they made it really hard as the level's go on. They don't let you continue when you run out of live's either. They restart you. Very frustrating.

Rent or Buy

I think you should rent this game first. You may like it. I can't read into your mind so I suggest you just rent it. I went out and bought it and didn't like it much. So I suggest you rent it.

Overall, I give this game a 6. I, myself, didn't like it that much and found it to get more frustrating the more you advance into one player mode. Good at first, but then really, really, frustrating.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 02/07/02, Updated 09/27/02