Review by narshe101

"A Great Sequel"

I thought that this game was really good. There are only a couple of things that bothered me. One was the difficulty of some of the gem games. I got so frustrated a couple of times that I quit and erased my game, never thinking I would go back. I did though and I am glad I did.

The gameplay in Spyro 2 is really good and I really enjoyed playing the second game. I really like the 360 degree view -- it helps sometimes. The concept of this game is also very good in that you have to be thorough and patient to play this game. On the down side, some games are tough and not suited for children whereas the first spyro was all for kids and not much for older people. Also, there seemed to be a lot less levels than the first one and by the time I had to face Ripto at the end, I was like, ''that was it?''

The story in Spyro 2 was probably the best part. I liked the idea of Spyro 2 continuing right at the exact time that Spyro 1 ended. I liked ripto as a bad guy and Gulp and Crush were cool bad guys too. This game had some really good flow as well, it all made sense as to what I was doing and why I had to do it. This game's story line definitely exceeds that of the first Spyro

The graphics in Spyro are pretty cool. not as detailed and ''grown up'' as some other games, but this is a kids game right? I would personally like to see some FMV's (movie scenes) of Spyro flaming baddies and stuff, but I like it with the voice acting too. The worlds are done quite well and it's cool looking at all the different ones. All in all this is a cool game to buy for the looks of it.

Replayability: 5/10
Come on now, this game has to have more replayability! I didn't care much to play this game again even though I did get a permanent fireball. The levels are easy and don't contain many real good secrets that take more than one game to play. I personally got almost every secret there was to get on my first way through because I took my time, so there wasn't much to do the second time. I don't think I will be replaying this game for a while.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/08/01, Updated 10/08/01