Review by LordShinin

"A good sequel."

Spyro the Dragon was my first Spyro game. Me and my sisters all thought that it was our favorite game. We got Spyro: Ripto's Rage after the third one came out, which we liked as much as the first one.

Story - 9.5/10
I'd have to say that this game's story is better than the story of the first one. Spyro and Sparx are getting annoyed by all the rain in their home and decide to go to Dragon Shores, an amusement park for dragons. Meanwhile, the evil Ripto and his two "henchmen" have started to take over the world of Avalar. A mole known as Professor, a fawn named Elora and a cheetah named Hunter are trying to find a way to stop Ripto, and decide that they need a dragon to do it. They use a portal to try and find one, and Spyro's vacation ends up put on hiatus when he is sent to Avalar instead of Dragon Shores. Professor, Elora and Hunter tell Spyro that he needs to stop Ripto, and since he has no choice, he decides to help them.

Graphics - 9/10
The graphics are like the first game's graphics: good. The new enemies and allies look great, as does Spyro. The effects of magic and things like that are just as good as they were in the first game.

Sound - 9.5/10
Again, the sound is great. I didn't like the music as much as I did the first game's music, but it's still very good. There's more voice acting now, and it's great. The sound effects are also excellent.

Enemies - 9/10
The enemies are more diverse than the enemies of the first game. There isn't one big group of enemies like the gnorcs, but there are very good enemies, such as birds, strange blob creatures, yeti, goats, evil wizards and more. There are only 3 bosses as opposed to the first game's 6, as the game is shorter than the first. The bosses aren't random like in the first game, also, but are Ripto and his "henchmen."

Controls - 10/10
The controls are just as good as they were in the first game. They're all the same, except stoping in mid-glide has been replaced with a hover move that lets you get a little extra height at the end of a glide if you're a little too low to get onto a platform, and the side rolling move has been gotten rid of, which is a shame.

Gameplay - 9/10
There is much more interacting with allies in this game than in the first. There are lots of NPCs to talk to and do missions for, while the first game only had the dragons to talk to. You also do different missions than just finding eggs or saving dragons, like stopping robbers from robbing a city. Dragon Shores is also fun to play around in.

Difficulty - 8/10
The game is easier than the first game. Only two or three small parts of the game are hard, and they're only required if you're going for 100%.

Replayability - 9/10
There's one thing that raises the replayability of the first game, and that's using super flame breath (which is shooting a fireball instead of short range flame breath) through the entire game. If you beat the game with 100%, you get to go to a power-up gate in Dragon Shores that gives you eternal super flame breath. However, if you start a new game after doing this, you'll start with eternal super flame breath. This made me want to get 100% again in my game where I started with eternal flame breath, which I did.

Average of above scores - 9.125
9.125 is a good score, but I'd go with something a little lower for this game.

My overall score - 9/10