Review by Haunter12O

"Great game! Very good! Cheers! Yeah!"

Alright, new mascot for playstation, this time it's a dragon! The evil Gnasty Gnorc has trapped all the dragons in crystal stones and set enemies free to roam 5 worlds. Spyro was the only one who wasn't stoned, it's up to him to save his dragon friends and defeat the evil Gnasty Gnorc!

GRAPHICS-8/10
Great! The 3-d lush environment is better than Crash Bandicoot: You get to move anywhere this time! The enemies sure look big and mean, but Spyro can take them out easily woth either the fire breathing attack or the dash attack! Fun, isn't it?

SOUND-10/10
I love the music! It makes you feel where you are and what it's really about. Take the level Alpine Ridge, the rock music makes you feel kind of like climbing mountains. The Stone Hill music really sounds like it's your hometown. And more! If you love music in games, this will probably be your favorite! I loved this music the best of any game in the world, in fact it's the best in the decade!

REPLAY-9/10
yes its great, you will always want to replay a level just for the fun of it. There are minigames in which you fly Spyro. Of course once you beat it you will want to get all the gems, dragons, and eggs to open up a secret level... (I'm not spoiling anything, it even shows you how to get in the secret level).

STORY-8/10
Very good, a little dragon finds out that he was the only one out of all the dragons that wasn't stoned by the evil Gnasty Gnorc, Spyro takes revenge and goes for Gnasty Gnorc by finding gems, eggs, and freeing the stoned dragons, the quest is pretty easy but finding all that stuff is not!

GAMEPLAY-10/10
Killing enemies is cool! The whole thing is awesome. You'll enjoy the whole quest. There is a problem, the game is way too short and easy, but, however, the last levels are pretty tough! The bosses are wimpy, though.

You'll want to buy this game, it's really good and way too good! Need I say more? Go on, stop reading, start collecting money for a new game you'll want to buy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/05/02