Review by GGAGAHC

"It's A PURPLE Dragon!! How Can't It Be A Great Game?"

When I first saw the cover to this game, I was like, ''Wow...a purple dragon. What'll they think of next?'' Anyway, I don't know why I decided to try it out but...I did and boy am I glad I did. I instantly knew it would be a great hit. Let's start the review, shall we?

Story 10/10: Gnasty Gnorc has imprisoned all the dragons in the Dragon World but I can't quite remember why...Well, now Spyro is out to free 'em all and defeat Gnasty Gnorc!! Pretty unique, in my opinion. Great Story!!!

Sound 10/10: The music in this game is great!!! Some songs are cool, some aren't (but maybe it's just my taste in music). What else is there to say about the music? The SFX is great, too. You can hear Spyro running. You can hear the buzz of Sparx the Dragonfly when he eats a butterfly. You can hear the...well...I don't know how to describe it but you can hear the sound of Spyro breathing fire. Basically, to put it shortly, you can hear a lot of things, ranging from the voices of the dragons, to the small details of Spyro jumping. It's brilliant!! Great Sound!!!

Graphics 10/10: Ok, compared to other games, the graphics in Spyro the Dragon isn't exactly GREAT, but you have to admit that the graphics are pretty good. All the dragons you save are unique and no two dragons look the same. Spyro looks good, too. He's nice and purple ^_^! The enemies, the gems, the worlds, everything in this game looks good. But, like I said, it's not the best when compared to some games (But it's better than others). Anyway, Great Graphics!!!

Controls 10/10: The controls are so easy!! You've got Square to charge, X to jump/glide, Circle to breath fire, and Triangle to...umm...I don't quite remember what it's for...but that's not the point. The controls are responsive, too. After all, in a game like this, you will need responsive controls. Great Controls!!!

Gameplay 10/10: In Spyro the Dragon, you have to explore all the worlds and free the dragons, collect gems, and defeat the baddies. It's a simple task. However, there are A LOT of worlds to explore and they're all unique in their own way. There's also a few bosses (I think...) to fight and of course, Gnasty Gnorc. The gameplay...well...I don't really have anything else to say about it. You might not think it's much or you might think it's boring but it's really fun and it'll get you addicted! Great Gameplay!!!

Replay Ability 7/10: This is probably the worst flaw of this game. After you beat the game, I don't see any point in playing it again. There is maybe one reason to play it again, and that's to collect all the gems and free all the dragons. That, in my opinion, is an easy task through the first try so I doubt you'll have to play the game again just for that. Maybe you might wanna play the game again just for the fun of it (That's why I've played this game over 3 times). Ok Replay Ability.

Difficulty 8/10: Maybe it's just me but I find this game a little too easy... Nice Difficulty, though!

Length 10/10: Not too long, not too short. It'll last you for a while. It might take you a few weeks on your first try just to get all the gems. I don't know. It all depends on how good you are on this game. The better you are, the shorter it'll take. Great Length, though!!!

Other: Nothing else to say. You gotta love the purple look, though. You also gotta love Spyro's personality! Hilarious...sometimes!

Buy or Rent? Definitely BUY hands down.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/13/03, Updated 06/13/03