Review by Aristotle

"The BEST role-playing game EVER!!!!!!!!!"

When I first saw the cover of Spyro, I thought that the game was for eight-year-olds. But then I got into playing it and I couldn't get unhooked from it. The gameplay was just so engrossing that I couldn't put the good ol' PSX controller down! It was the first game I got for my Playstation, and I must say that it was money well-spent.

The Graphics are excellent, I think that this is what made the game such a success. Everything in the game is rendered in clear, sharp, crisp detail that is so colorful it looks like a glorified rainbow. But it was mostly the gameplay that got me hooked on it, I was so involved in the gameplay that I never even noticed the sound or graphics!

The Audio is pretty good, the sounds are all as great as the graphics, if not better, and I never really noticed the music. All I can say is that the sound was completely perfect, no flaws with it whatsoever.

The Controls are simple, considering the fact that it's Playstation we're talking about here. One button charges, one button flames, one jumps, and one does something that I forget, something easy. And, of course, you have yoru directional buttons. The L and R buttons don't do much except look around, turn 180°, and such.

The Difficulty is perfect, not to hard, but not too easy. The only problem I have is at the end where you have to get every single Gem in every single world. Do you have any idea how hard that is in the bonus worlds?? I quit trying after a while! Other than that, every world is relatively simple, they imcrease in difficulty as the levels progress.

The Replayability is awesome!!!! Once you play for ten minutes, you're hooked and craving for more. You can only get that craving satisfied if you beat the game, which takes approximately a half of a year to complete. But then, you get to start a new file and do the whole thing again! Excellent replay value, in my opinion.

Overall, Spyro is an excellent game that everyone shall enjoy. If not, you are weird. Costing only baout $19.99, get a copy right now!

Audio: 10/10

Controls: 10/10

Difficulty: 10/10

Replayability: 10/10

Overall: 10/10 (not an average)

Final Thought: Even though Spyro the Dragon looks like it's for three-year olds, it's quite the contrary!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/01/00, Updated 03/01/00