Review by CrashFan101

"A huge success!!!"

Introduction
When I first saw Spyro, I was interested in it right away. I won the grand prize at a raffle, which turned out to be a PlayStation game console, and I immediately rushed to the store and bought Spyro. And I'm sure glad I did.

Graphics
9/10- The graphics are AMAZING!! The lava bubbles and boils like real lava. The luscious grass and waterfalls are amazing, too. Insomniac did a good job making sure that the graphics were on point. But, the only thing that keeps this from being a ten is the fact that the colors are WAY TOO BRIGHT!! I get dizzy almost every time I play this game because of the mix of colors, especially when Spyro is charging. A killer on the eyes!! But otherwise, great GFX!

Sound
10/10- The SFX aren't very noticeable, but the music for each level will keep you humming for the rest of the day. Every time I put this game back in its case, I would hum the different boss level songs when I went to do something else. And even a few days after playing the game, the songs get stuck in my head that I can't help but hum them. Back to the SFX. I take that back. They ARE very noticeable. And great, too. You can hear the water rushing rapidly down the waterfalls, and the sound of Spyro breathing fire. Great Sound!!

Story
10/10- By far one of the most original stories ever made for a video game. This game is about a mean guy named Gnasty Gnorc, who gets angry at the dragons and turns them all (except Spyro) into crystal. It is up to you (as Spyro) and Sparx, his dragonfly buddy, to rescue all the dragons and beat Gnasty Gnorc.

Difficulty
6/10- Ouch! I know that's harsh, but this game is SOO easy! That is, until you find out the real difficulty of the game. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played the game. All i say is, BEWARE! You're in for a surprise! This game gets very hard at times.

Controls
8/10- Overall, the controls pretty much flow with Spyro, except that sometimes, Spyro will be charging, and he'll run right through a wall and fall off a cliff or something. Beware! Sometimes if the Analog is on, Spyro won't follow the controls you press. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Gameplay
10/10- Gameplay is awesome!! First off, you'll have no problem beating the bosses, they're SO EASY! No challenge there. Toasting the gnorcs' butts is hilarious, especially those men in Peace Keepers that "moon" you. Going through each level in the six worlds is NOTHING BUT FUN, while you go around collecting gems and other goodies. Also, the speedways are good if you want to practice your flying for later levels. I tell you, this game is FUN!!!

Recommendation: BUY or RENT???
I suggest you BUY this game. It's a game that very much deserves a spot in your video game library. Trust me, you'll have the time of your life!!!

Overall review: 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/06/05