Review by Griever425

"Pretty good game with a few flaws."

This game was pretty good with a few flaws, but I'm playing it in 2002 so it's pretty obvious I wasn't completely satisfied.

The gameplay wasn't bad. It's an average third-person shooter. You run around with kick-ass guns shooting anything that moves. You have lots of moves to choose from, such as the back flip, side flip, running jump, swan dive, handstand and roll. Each one you will find to come in handy when you can use it. The game could definitely have used more guns. All you get are pistols(infinite ammo HOORAY!), a shotgun and magnums. You also get uzis but only if you beat the game and start a new one. That brought the gameplay's score down.

The story was good. It goes like this. You're Lara Croft, a skilled adventurer with an itchy trigger finger. You get a message from a woman named Natla. She informs you of a relic with unimaginable power. To obtain the full relic, you must get all 3 pieces scattered across the globe. When you go after the first piece, She sends a few of her goons to find the other pieces and kill you and take your piece. As the game progresses, it becomes awfully interesting and abnormal, but I won't spoil it for you.

Wow! Not good. I'd say Lara was more or less 400 polygons. These are about 30 bit graphics. The enemies don't look too bad, but the environment is very flat and square without any complexity. The cut-scenes were good, though. I was pretty impressed an old game like this could have cut-scenes like that.

Sound/Music: 5/10
I've got to say, this could have been a lot better. The gunshots sounded really fake. That's probably the first thing you notice when you kill those first few enemies. The music was.......okay. It fitted the scenario really well. Sometimes it was suspenseful and then turned energetic when enemies came. There are a lot of points where there's no music at all. Remember, if you hate it, you can always turn it off. The voices were good too. There was emphasis and emotion.

Controls: 8/10
The controls weren't bad. Lara's got a lot of moves, so it's pretty complicated at first, but once you've got them all burned into your memory, you can play the game to it's fullest and have more fun.

Replay Value: 4/10
I think the only reason you'd ever want to get near this game again is if you want to play with the rapid-fire uzis. Other than that, I can't think of any other reason to play this game again.

Final Score: 6/10
It's pretty obvious this game isn't perfect, but It does have several good points. I'd rent this game. You could beat it in 5 days without too much trouble

Hope this helped you.