Review by CronoX2

"Decent Gameplay and excellent graphics are marred by extremely hard challenge and sluggish control."

Tomb Raider has always been a loved game series in our country, mainly because the main character has such a rather....endowed physique. Those who do not know who Lara Croft is by now has been living in a cave for 3 years. Anyway in the newest tomb raider game, "Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft", the game is basically the same, except Lara can now crouch so the camera can get right behind her a** (Can someone say Sexploitation?). Anyway the game is basically the same, just with new levels. The graphics are done well, now with real time lighting effects, and a better overall look. The controls though are another story. I have played almost all the tomb raider games, and i have to say, they feature some of the worst controls of any videogame. I swear to god, when you push the jump button, it takes about a half a second for the game to recognize it. It might be the control style of the game, but still it's just plain annoying when you come to a point in the game where if you don't make the jump, youre sent back to the beginning of the level. That's another main problem with this game: It's just too hard. Almost every level has a jump that if you don't make, you start the level all over. Another thing that got to me in this game is that whenever you load the game for the same level youre in, it has to load the whole level over again. People say the Tomb Raider series are excellent games. I believe they're nuts.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/05/02