Review by Fahad

"A MUST for real time strategy fans."

The only reason why i gave this game a 8 is because the bad controls really hurt the gameplay. I'm a die hard real-time strategy fan. I've played all the classics (C&C, Total Ann, Warcrafts, stracraft, etc). The thing which sets Warzone apart from all of those is the unique research option. The player researches the type of technology he wants to invest in his units. The game is fun to play and one of those "Minutes to learn, months to master" games. Anybody can pick it up right away. It would REALLY help if you had a psx mouse or something. This game was designed for the PC and the translation to the console is pretty decent.

As i said before, player really picks his game mode. You can research the defensive type of units and build a defensive army. Or, you can research and build offensive fast moving vehicles. The options are unlimited. I think by combining the different options, you can create up to 1500 to 2000 units. Another thing which makes this game unique, i'm not sure if better, is that you use the same battlefield. Meaning, the battlefield that you start out with, in the later objectives, you build upon that base. The music is not that good but it's no big deal.

I would say this game has the highest replay value in all of my RTS collection. It's definitely worth buying, if ur a fan of the genre. If not a fan, try renting it and then spent the 40 bucks.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99