Review by Valient

"Slightly Childish, But Still Fun"

Gameplay -- The game is very much like the standard Mario Kart Clone (Crash Team Racing, Chocobo Racing...), however you use many different vehicles, such as boats, snowmobiles, cars, and others. Easy to control, easy to learn. The overhead map of the park is very helpful in navigating between levels. Unfortunately, not many well-known Disney characters are included as choices for your racer. I am not sure why Disney did this.

Story -- The game is based entirely on actual rides and attractions in the Walt Disney World and Walt Disney Land parks. I found the tracks to be very accurate and fun. Some of the many tracks include: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribbean, The Haunted Mansion, the new Dinosaur ride, and many others.

Graphics -- The graphics are average. They could have been better, but they are not terrible. Perhaps Disney should have taken a little more time on them. My main complaint is that the water does not look very realistic on the water stages, however that has always been a problem with playstation games (hydro thunder and powerboat racing also had that problem).

Audio -- The sound of the game is excellent. I especially love the Pirates of the Carribean track for its music. It is the classic pirates song (''yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me'') with voices and everything. Great audio overall.

Replayability -- I did not find the single player mode as fun as the multi-player mode. Personally I feel that this game has a lot of replay value if you will be using the multiplayer options.

Buy or Rent? -- Well, if you have younger kids in the family, this game is a good purchase - it is easy to control and can provide hours of fun. However, if you never went to a Disney park when you were younger, or did not enjoy the experience, the game isn't for you. I found it fun due to the tracks bringing back old memories.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/07/00, Updated 06/07/00