Review by Aristotle

"Pitiful."

Let’s be a tad realistic here; releasing a skateboarding game right when THPS1 (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1) is the most popular skateboarding game and THPS2 is being released? Gimme a break already!!!!!! I mean, the least Skateboarding (original name huh? So original it makes me sick!) could do is make it so you could actually grind for once. From this introduction, I think you can deduce what my review is going to be like; completely negative. And this is MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy Macdonald; negative. Even the name is mouthful to say!

First, let’s start with the Graphics. From the skaters to the terrain, there is a lot of room for improvement. What the heck, the graphics are downright ugly!! These are true first-generation Playstation graphics; even Spyro the Dragon’s graphics are better than this crap!!! the skaters’ faces are blocky and undetailed (or if they are, you can’t make out any part of it). They are colorful though, I’ll give them that, but they aren’t anything else. And 90% of the times when you fall, their bodies go through the terrain. Can we say disgusting?

Time to go to the Sound. I have never heard of any of the bands in this game except Papa Roach; their only songs I like are Blood Brothers and Last Resort. Combine this crappy sound with horrible sound effects and what do you get? I don’t know, but it the disc sure makes a nice Frisbee for my dog :) Seriously, the sound sounds like the programmers were up at three in the morning running off of a cup of coffee to throw together this for its 8AM deadline the next day. Either that or they were on crack. Either way the sound does not sound very good; I strongly recommend turning it down and cranking up the radio or something.

The Controls were no different than the graphics and sound. They were, in fact, a lot worse. For example, it takes the guy three second to ollie after you press X; absolutely unforgivable. Other than that, though, they were KIND of, repeat KIND of, good. Exactly like THPS2 controls, and that is why they are so perfect. The only thing that makes them really bad is the fact that you HAVE to press L1 and L2 to make the people spin in air while doing a trick. One last thing: I did a 540 Benihana in THPS1 and 2; got me 5,000 points at the most. I did the exact same thing in Skateboarding; got me over 40,000 points. See something a tad wrong here?

I don’t really know anything about the Gameplay too incredibly much because I was too disgusted by the rest of the game to try any mode except Free Skate. All I can say though, is that if it’s anything at all like the Free Skate mode, it’ll only hurt its score with me. Never, EVER wanna see this game again.

As for the Replayability, it can go screw itself for all I care because it ain’t going in my Playstation again even if someone paid me to play the game. As far as I’m concerned, it has absolutely no replay value whatsoever. Maybe as a coaster, but it probably slips and slides :)

To Buy or Rent; hmmmm, I wonder?? Obviously, neither, but if you’ve never played THPS 1 or 2 and like skateboarding games, go ahead and give it a rent. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, though! Those of you who have played THPS 1 and 2 before, take heed, my friends: stick with THPS 1 and 2. Maybe even give Street Sk8er 1 and 2 and/or Grind Session a try before this crap.

I know I would!