"DDR USA is good, but.."

it's not as good as the other DDR games. When I heard about this game for the first time I was like ''huh, a dancing game?!'' Then I saw it at my local arcade and quickly feel in love for the game. I liked it so much I bought DDR USA with 2 dance pads for me to practice on. As I got better at the game I soon realized that it was getting kinda boring compared to other DDR games I saw. Ok, enough about me lets get on to the review.

It's a dancing/workout game I don't expect much from the graphics, but they are good enough. The menus are readable, but I find some people who can't read them.

Sound/Music: 7/10

This is why people don't like this game that much because the music is very limited compared to the other DDR games. While this game has like 20 something songs other DDR games have over +50 games! You got all types of songs here. From old songs like ''Have you ever been mellow?'' and techno like ''paranoia rebirth.'' Personally, I don't like the old songs I prefer fast songs and techno songs. My personal favorite song is ''Butterfly'' or any SMILE.DK songs. It's just too bad theres no ''Butterfly'' in here I would still be playing this if it had more songs especially the ones from SMILE.DK!

Playing on the controller is very easy. Playing on the dance pads can be challenging, because it might move around a lot on the floor if you don't have the sticky pads under the mat. Also the dance pad is very sensitive, so if you or one of your friends goes crazy and starts jumping or doing crazy stuff on it it might mess it up.

Replay Value: 7/10

If your new to the game and get this you will be playing for many hours a day, but after a while you will get tired and find out there are way better DDR games then this one. It could last longer if you have friends who can dance and have a big party to show off your moves, but if your alone this won't last very long.

Dance Dance Revolution USA needs more songs..especially ones from SMILE.DK! Like I said, if your new to DDR you will like this and play this for days and even months, but once you beat them all and play the latest DDR games you will get off this game as quickly as possible.

Rent or Buy?

I bought this game because I was new to the whole DDR Series, but now I know I should've got another version of DDR instead of this. If you can't import the other DDR games I would rent this and if you like it you can buy it to keep you busy and get you in shape!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/12/02, Updated 08/12/02