Review by Ultra39

"Good Name, Bad Game"

I really wanted to get this game at first but reliable sources told me this wasn't a good game. I didn't believe until I actually played it. This game is horrible!!! Even with it's added features, I'd still buy Harvest Moon for the Nintendo 64. Harvest Moon : Back to Nature = a big disappointment. :(

Gameplay - 4
It is so hard to move around the place! Even an expert would run around looking drunk. There is also a very long loading time. They also messed up the families in BTN. If you don't know what i'm talking about, play both games and you'll see. The only new features in BTN is you can cook recipes, breed fish, and you can take out the items you want without having to press the start button.

Story - 6
You used to visit your grandfather's farm. While visiting, you meet a girl at the mountains. You play together and when you leave, she asks you if you'll come back. Now, your grandfather is dead and you take over his farm. You have to restore the farm back to normal and become friends with everyone or you'll have to leave town. (May I add my comment? This is the same story as Harvest Moon 64 but they don't mention meeting a girl in the N64 version. They need to come up with something new.)

Challenge - 10
It's a Harvest Moon game and all Harvest Moon games are challenging. You won't have the time to do everything you want to do so you have to plan on what you should do for each day.

Graphics - 2
And I thought the Playstation could produce better graphics than the N64. Almost nothing in this game looks 3D. I my opinion, the buildings are the only things that look even close to 3D.

Sound - 6
As with all Harvest Moon games the sound and music will get annoying after a while. But I like the N64 version's music better.

Replay - 10
It's a Harvest Moon game and I give all Harvest Moon games a 10 for replay. You always want to find out new secrets and learn everything you need to know to become a walking encyclopedia of Harvest Moon knowledge.

Rent or Buy - I wouldn't even bother
This game isn't even worthy enough to be burned onto a CD. But you might if you really wanted the game. Personally, I don't think BTN is even worth buying.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 04/17/01, Updated 04/17/01