Review by slimjim25c

"Back to nature is a blast!"

You might hate this game when you start out( like me) Because your completley broke and have nothing else to do. When you get more into the game, YOU'LL LOVE IT TO PIECES! Seriously, I play it all the time. Once I played it all night long! My sister really doesn't like video games at all and think there very dumb and a waste of time, but when she played this! Geeze she wouldn't get out of my room. This is a very fun game. I love every harvest moon game. I just like the N64 version a bit better than this one, but this one is still very good and cool.

Anyways here is my review

Part: Graphics
Rating: 7.7/10
Comment:
Well, to tell the truth the graphics aren't that good. I don't think the graphics mean that much though, even though it would be a lot better if it was 3-D, still. The graphics are completley the same as the N64 harvest moon. I like the graphics though. It's very cool, and nice. The grapihcs get a 7.7 out of 10 though.

Part: Sound and music
Rating: 8.8/10
Comment:
I like the music a lot! It's really cool. It has a very neat farmer tune in it. I just don't like the sad music. It kind of bugs me a little bit. It's still very good though. The music is nice and good. So is the sound. The sound isn't anything special, but still it's very good, and I like it a lot! Sound and music get a 8.8 out of 10

Part: Storyline
Rating: 9.2/10
Comment:
I really like the story line a lot. It's very cool. The story is actually your choose. You get to choose your bride, be friends with a lot of people, and a lot of other stuff. I really like games like these, where you get to choose your storyline. I think it's a very good idea.

Part: Ending
Rating: 8.7/10
Comment:
The ending is the same as the story line. It depends on what you do.

Part: Game play
Rating: 9.5/10
Comment:
I must say, the game play is excellent! There's so much to do, and once you beat it, you can still go on! I think that is a very good idea. I think the bride part is the best part. You marry a girl, have a baby, and take care of it. That was my favorite part in the game play. Another really fun part is buying stuff for making your house even better. To tell the truth, I love everything about this game!( except the beginning) I think it's very fun and good. I really hope the game cube has a game like this. If they do, I would be one of the first to buy it. I think the game play is excellent and I love it.

Part: Difficulty
Rating: 9.1/10
Comment:
Harvest moon isn't that easy. The beginning is hard! It's kind of wierd that the beginning is so hard and later on it get's a little easier. Still the game is very hard and I think it's a challenge. This game is like a real farmer game. So don't think it's gonna be so easy that you would beat it in one day.

Part: Play control
Rating: 8.2/10
Comment:
Well sometimes I didn't like the play control because it would always screw up on me sometimes. It still is good though. I really like the play control for this game. It's really simalar to the N64 one. The play control is easy and is easy to learn.

OVERALL
I think this game is great and is very fun. This game never gets boring! It's so fun that you'll probably spend all day on playing it! I think this is one of the best harvest moon games yet.

BUY OR RENT
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY THIS GAME! IT IS THE BEST HARVEST OUT THERE. BACK TO NATURE IS SO FUN. If you had rented it, you would be crying because you had to turn it in. That's why you should buy the game! Besides, you won't beat it in a one day rental for sure.

LAST WORDS
Well that's the end of my review for back to nature. Another great harvest moon game to come out.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/18/01, Updated 09/18/01