Review by trev913

"Probably the best TP Game I've played."

Here we have another in the series of cool and sometimes exciting Triple Play series. Since its ''minor league'' debut on Nintendo and SEGA Genesis, these games have kept me playing for hours on end. However, once I saw the crap that they did for the N64, I almost didn't get this game. But, I gave it a go, and it was probably one of my best buys. And, this one is no exception. It's a very great game.

Graphics-8-The graphics are really good. You can actually see the hair on Randy Johnson's mustache. In other words, player models look distinguishable. Not like the ol' days on SEGA where the only feature on your batter was the fact that he obviously was white or black. The create a player feature (one of my favorite features in sports games) allows you to see your player. It's like the wrestling games for N64. The graphics have came a long way since the originals...and I like it.

Sounds-7-Well, this is probably my only major killer. The songs are actually by real bands, that you've actually heard of. Like Fastball and other bands. But, the announcers!!! They get on my nerves. Their sayings are way too repetitive and eventually get boring. The sound effects, however are nice. Like, for example, a slide to catch a foul ball that could determine whether or not you win, you can hear the guy run and hear the sand and grass being kicked up when he slides. Also, there's the sounds that play during the home runs and stuff. The bang coming off the bat, and all that. Pretty good, but I could strangle the announcers if I had the chance.

Controls-9-These are quite possibly the best controls. They are very easy to get used to. But, if you are like my cousin, and Uber-n00balisious, you might have a bit of a problem. It took me awhile to get used to all the forms of pitching, different views, and other fun things (like the window that allows you to see where the pitcher has thrown and, what balls he's thrown there). But, overall, they are very easy to get used to.

Overall-9-Well, obviously, you've heard it from me, now go out and buy this game. It's came a long way since the older SEGA and Nintendo days. With fun features like the Extreme Big League Challenge and being able to switch stadiums, this wonderful creation by the folks at EA will keep you playing for hours on end.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/27/02, Updated 05/27/02