"Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger collide to make a great re-release"

Final Fantasy Chronicles is definitely a great addition to the Final Fantasy series. And so I've put a review in for both of the games that are in the Final Fantasy Chronicles package- Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger.

FINAL FANTASY IV
----------------
Released in the United States on Super Nintendo as Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy IV was the first Final Fantasy game to step up to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). It follows the story of Cecil, the Dark Knight, who is captain of the Red Wings, as he decides that he doesn't like what he is doing-- taking crystals from innocent citizens. So he goes on a quest, where he meets characters such as Tellah, Yang, and Rydia, just to name a few. Back a decade ago, this game was the first RPG to have an Active Time Battle system. Instead of taking turns attacking monsters, enemies actually attack you without waiting until you have select all of your attacks.
Now, for the improvements. The best improvement, in my opinion, is that the game now has CG cinemas, like in most of the newer Final Fantasy games! Also, alot of dialogue has been changed (to me, the new dialogue isn't really an improvement...).
And what about the music? The music is great, if you ask me. From the opening scene, you'll hear what I think is one of the game's best songs.
Final Fantasy IV was, and still is, one of the best Final Fantasies out there.

Chrono Trigger
--------------
Chrono Trigger has the following story: Crono and his friends, Marle, Lucca, Robo, Frog, and others travel through time to change the past and save the future.
CT also has a collection of minigames, such as when you get to race a jet bike against this weird guy in the future. That's a fun minigame. Also there is the House of Horrors at the Millenial Fair which has a few minigames in it.
And for some improvements, well, the game now has anime animated cut scene movies. Unfortunately, like FFIV, there aren't very many of them. But oh well, when you complete the game you can use the Extra Features thing to listen to the game's music and view the game's movies.

To wrap it up, CT is a great game. I haven't played Chrono Cross yet, the sequel to CT, but since this game is so good, I might.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/11/01, Updated 07/11/01