Review by Warhawk

"This is the hardest game in the Mega Man X series"

I know that I just couldn't wait for this game to be released because I would like to know how this game was and all that. I know that when this game was released here in the US that it was one of the hardest games in the X series since I played X3. I would have to agree with all the people that say that this is one of the hardest games in the series so far. I just can't wait until they make Mega Man X7 for the PlayStation2 I hope because it seems like that the Mega Man X games been appearing on the PlayStation since 1997 when X4 was released. Anyone who thinks this game is stupid or something probably doesn't know what they're talking about. Alright let's get straight to the review:

Graphics: 9.2/10
The graphics improved somewhat during the time that the X series has been on the PlayStation so far. I can't say that these aren't the best graphics but they are great for the game for being in 2-D. The mavericks were nicely detailed and the levels and textures in the game (such as spikes, water, and the backgrounds) are nicely done as well

Difficulty: 9.5/10
The difficulty of this game is quite hard although I found getting some of the capsules for the armors were quite hard especially for me and my brother. Of course at times during the game before I beat it I was getting aggravated at getting the capsule in one of the maverick stages (which I won't mention in the review). If you think that Mega Man X3 was the hardest in the X series, Capcom decided to bring back that challenge that they put in X3 but with a few other challenging things in X6.

Plot/Storyline: 8.5/10
Some people say that the storyline for this game wasn't good for them but I thought it was good enough, but there were a few things that I didn't understand in the plot of the game when I was playing through it. One thing was why CAPCOM translated the voices into English but not the music (I personally like the opening song). Another thing that some people might’ve liked about the plot of the game is of how a couple things were kept hidden until the end of the game and something happened but you don’t know what happened.

Sound: 9.4/10
The sound for this game is great. I like the music that was put in this game because I can listen to all the music (which I think was a little better than the music that was in X5). The songs that are sung in Japanese I think are the best ones that were put into a game because all the music is the best I've heard in a game so far. I am not big with Japanese music but the songs that were featured in this game were quite good. As for the sound within the game was also great, but it may seem the same as in the previous 2.

Overall: 9.3/10
Overall this is one of the best Mega Man or Mega Man X game that I've played since Mega Man X3 (which was released back in ’95). If ever played any of the Mega Man games and are looking for a Mega Man game that is hard this is the hardest of both series. If I had to recommend another X game besides X6 to be very fun and challenging I would have to say Mega Man X3 because when you make to the end of X3 you’ll have quite a challenge.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/17/01, Updated 09/14/02