Review by Travesty

"Here's to One great game"

Although at first the game looks as if it will be extremely awful, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone really delivers addictive gameplay along with fun little puzzles that get you really intrigued. At times I was lost on where to go but after carefully looking at my surroundings, I find a hidden passage through a wall. With little tricks of the trade such as these, it's no surprise why I spent about six hours on playing it.

Another very cool feature about this game is how well it follows the story line in the book. Of course, it would be nearly impossible to have every little detail in it but it still astounds me how well they adapted the book to the game. With all the action-packed sequences in the game, it is easy for anyone to enjoy it.

What was truly amazing about the game was how it appeared to be only skin-deep but as you further advance you could see all the drama and how descriptive it could be while at the same time be addictingly fun. I believe that EA truly did a impeccable job at making this game what it is. EA has always seemed to give us some of the best games made and they continued to prove their worth with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

The gridmapping in this game is remarkable! It almost seems as if they took pictures of the characters faces from the movie itself and inserted them into the game. The took a two dimensional story line and turned it into three dimensions of fun and excitement.

Along with the sidequests such as collecting Bertie Beans and playing Quidditch, this game is bound to touch the hears of Harry Potter fans everywhere. From Japan to the coasts of England all the way to us here in the U.S. of A. Sure, when I first saw it on the shelves in the Playstation section of Blockbuster, I ridiculed myself for renting the game. But as the days passed on, I began to forgive my twisted mind which led to my purchasing of the game from the local Wal-Mart.

All in all, this is one helluva game. This expedition of Hogwarts will be one that will go down in history as a bestseller of ages. This game incredibly fun and I recommend it to anyone.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/07/01, Updated 12/07/01