Review by roundsy10

"This is a great game If you follow the books."

If you have read the book you have to go out and buy this game. It is taking on the role of Harry and you are taking on his adventures. If you haven't read and don't plan to I don't think you will want to buy the game mostly because of it's short time to complete and it's very, very, bad graphics. I love this game so even if you don't think you are going to get it read my review, It might change your mind.

Graphics- 5/10
Ok, Ok Obviously the graphics are this games weak point, but never judge a book by it's cover. At first you may look at the game and scream ''Ahhhhhhh what was EA thinking'', but if you play for about twenty minutes and you will not even notice the graphics because you are having so much fun.

Gameplay- 10/10
Great!!!! I was always right into this game. The action never stops wether you are learning spells, doing favorites for others, or playing Quidditch, the fun never stops. One thing that is really cool is that there are some parts that aren't even in the book so you have to think of what to do yourself. Ok, you might think this game is for a younger audience but it really isn't. There are tons of cool spells and tons of Creatures to fight. For Example, Trolls, Fire Turtles, a Gargoyle, Knights, and many more that I won't spoil for you.

Story- 10/10
This Games story is obviously going to be incredible coming from J.K. Rowling. I mean it's obvious that EA had to cut out some parts, but the parts they left in were the parts that when you were reading the book at one in the morning and you somehow managed to stay awake and keep reading. Everyone from the book including, Hagrid, Ron, Hermione, Darco, Neville, and of course Harry are back in this game.

Replay Value- 10/10
The replay value in this game is really great. There are many secrets that you probably won't collect the first time you play it and there are secret passageways all over Hogwarts. Also once you play your first Qudditch match, there is a little menu at the start of your game that will let you enter a Qudditch tournament. Great, just great.

Rent or Buy
Once again this comes down to if you have read the book or not. If you haven't read the book then I would say rent and see what you think about the game, and if you have read the book definitely buy.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/26/02, Updated 06/15/02