Review by e1337x

"A very boring and dull game..."

I've played this game, because I was a very BIG Harry Potter fan. But no, this game is just boring and a probable disgrace to the fantastic books. I don't like it at all, and I'll tell you why in my review.

Gameplay - 3/10

I hate the gameplay. What you do in this game is just walk around as Harry, without any action. You use your wand to cast spells. Well, casting the spells is a challenge, yes, but some things should just include some more challenge. For example, when you're walking to the cliff of something, you automatically jump ahead! What I think is you should just be able to press a button and jump ahead, because it adds a bit more challenge. It is very dull.

Difficulty - 4/10

This game's been really easy. The only part it gets sort of difficult is when you face some kind of enemies. I'm not supposed to tell you who the enemies are, so there. But the rest is all too easy — climbing, jumping, casting a simple spell and running around Hogwarts very dully.

Graphics - 0/10

MY GOD!!! I bet they could make the graphics MUCH better than that! The graphics are really embarassing. What they really did is just take a simple body of a human and paste the face of the characters in the movie! I guess that staff would've been freaked out if they ever played the game. I hate the graphics.

Replayability - 2/10

No. I don't think so. Only some really rare games are worth playing again, but this game isn't even at the level to even think about replayability. I just replayed it one time after ending it and that was to write down the ingredients used in Snape's potion class.

Buy or Rent -

If you're just thinking about buying this game and you're not even a major (and I mean MAJOR) Harry Potter fan, then forget about even Renting this game. If you're a really big fan and you're dying for this game, then I'll suggest renting it. I'll advise everyone here because I don't want them to suffer like me (I bought the game X.X)

Overall - 4
So, after reading this review, I suppose you'll change your mind about awesome Harry Potter or Magical Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I'm sure you'll agree with me after you've bought or rented the game. This game is nothing like the games that are out today.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 07/06/02, Updated 07/06/02