Review by Metallicat808

"This game is strangely addictive"

Battle Hunter is a tactical strategy game and NOT an RPG like many others have said. You take turns moving and attacking and don't get potions and stuff

The graphics in this game aren't exactly great...but they're not bad, either. You get to choose from 9 different characters and choose from a decent assortment of colors (of clothes and skin) for them. The "dungeons" are simply tiles but it kinda leaves you to come up with your own ideas. The sprites in the game are good, but the monsters in the dungeons look like 3-D triangles as they move about the map.

The songs in this game, although few, are catchy and go well with the game. The sound effects are pretty good. I haven't found any problems with them (like doubling, freezing, or glitching in any way) which is very good.

Controls: 8/10

The controls in this game are simple. X accepts as O Cancels. Although the game doesn't explain how to use the controls, once you fiddle around with them and get the hang of what everything does, you begin to love the game because it becomes a pick-up-and-go game.

Game play: 9/10

They game play is simple, but addictive. Your objective as a "hunter" is to enter dungeons and find the items that your broker tells you to find. Each time you gain enough experience by finding items and selling them, you get to level up. When you level up, the story progresses. The only real problem that I found with the game play is that if you play this game a lot (for items, with different characters, or just for fun), you get tired of waiting for your turn, but when your stats get high enough, you can't wait to take on a bunch of enemies and steal their stuff.

Multi player: 9/10

Multi player is awesome. You can either help each other (2-4 people) get items by teaming up on computer players, saving time by both going after item boxes, or just giving each other items that you are currently holding. Or you could just fight each other or the computer to find out who the best hunter really is. The only problem I have with multi player is that you can only use one controller and keep handing it back and forth.

The story is sorta unoriginal. The game takes place in a post nuclear war world. You don't really get the just of the story until you have leveled up a bit. Then everything falls into play. In my opinion, the story could've been portrayed better than it is.

Quality: 4/10

To be honest, even though I love this game, I didn't care much for the quality of it. It's a game that seems like I could've made it by myself. There are a few misspellings that I noticed and the graphics could've been better.

Replay: 10/10

I can't explain it. This is a VERY addictive game. I found that I want to go back into the dungeons and find the items that I haven't found yet and I feel like looking at the characters and finding people that look like them from other shows or games and naming them after them. I...just....want to...keep playing this game!

Price: 9/10

I bought this game for $5. Just $5!! This was totally worth it. I suggest you buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/05