Review by N00b Saib0t

"Its a good port of an exelent fighting game."

When I first heard about how bad this game was supposed to be, I immediately went to my local Wal-Mart and bought it for $20. After unlocking everything in under three hours, here is my opinion on this game.

Graphics- 8/10
The characters look pretty good. Most of them move pretty smoothly, and there doesn't seem to be any pixilation on them. Some characters have noticeable missing frames, like Mai and her bouncyness or King and her Illusion Dance, but 90% of the cast looks fine.
When you select your characters, the pictures are pretty bad, and the pictures look worse when your playing the game. The ''Super Combo finish'' effect is pixilated, but still looks nice, and I have yet to see the ''Finest K.O.'' effect(despite getting several) so I don't know what it looks like. The menu screen looked great on the DreamCast, but its pixilated on this version. Over all the only thing keeping the graphics at an 8 is the characters fluid movement.

Control- 9/10
I haven't found any slowdown in this game, so that's a big plus. All the combos I knew of are still there, but are a little harder to do for some reason. The controls are very responsive, which puts the ranking high, but I cant do a Raising Storm in this version so I cant exactly give it a 10.

Game Play- 7/10
The AI in this is on par with the arcade and DreamCast versions, so that makes it good, but the lack of modes isn't exactly good. You get Arcade(just like the arcade), VS(everyone's ratio is adjustable and you still get 4 points to make your team) and Pair Match(everyone is a ratio 2). Other modes are there, but they aren't for game play. The lack of modes makes this rating a 7.

Sound- 10/10
The voices are clear and crisp, and actually better than the ones in the PS2 version of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2. The music is good, and even better when you put it on ORIGINAL in options. The only bad part is that the music restarts after loading, which can get kind of annoying. The sound is clear though, so you cant fault it just because of load time. Overall the sound is just like I remember it before getting rid of the DreamCast version when I got CAPCOM vs. SNK 2.

Replayability- 8/10
1 Player- 6/10
The one player mode is very short, like I said, I got everything in under 3 hours. The Price Mode is nice, but the characters are too cheap so you can buy 4 EX characters each time you beat the game. It was a good idea for CAPCOM to lower the price of the characters, but 300 for hidden characters and 50 for an EX character is way to low.
2 Player- 10/10
After you unlock everything the 2 player mode gets fun. Me and my brother can play the game for hours at a time. With around 35 characters total the teams are practically endless.
Over all its pretty good with 2 people, but with the repetitive AI patterns and lack of secrets it is just too short for this section to get a perfect 10.

Overall- 8/10
Its a great port when you look at the confines of the PSX, cause it isn't capable of much. The game looks pretty good for the most part, and it plays great which is all that really matters to a true gamer. Overall, CAPCOM should have taken more time to work on this but I hardly feel that it was rushed like some say. If this game does well maybe CAPCOM will port Street Fighter 3: Third Strike to the PSX.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/07/02, Updated 09/07/02