Review by Demon Strife

"An Unexpected RPG Shocks the World..."

Digimon World 1 was about a kid who gets sucked into the Digimon World and has to bring Digimon from all over the island back together into one place.
Digimon World 2 was about a boy named, Akira, who has always wanted to be a guard tamer finally gets a chance. You choose a guard team and defeat boss Digimon and the evil Blood Knights.
They both sound very original and boring. Then Digimon World 3 was created. No one expected the game to be a hit since the first two weren't all that good. The world then gets a shocking surprise.

The graphics are very good and detailed. That's how it is until you get into a battle. The graphics are choppy in battles. That is the one of the two things that killed the game.

Sound and Music: 10/10
Hey, finally something different. The music is a catchy anime style beat. Some of the music was taken from the other Digimon games. A lot of people will like this newfound music.

Very good gameplay. Almost the best in Playstation RPGs. It is kinda like Final Fantasy. You choose 1 of the 3 packs that they let you choose at the beginning of the game. The packs contain different kinds of Digimon. You get techniques and regular attacks. Another new feature is the equip system. You can equip new equipment that will help you in harder and more challenging battles. The battles are too difficult in newer areas. That's the 2nd thing that killed the game.

The story is good. Some people think its like PoKeMoN, but it really isn't. The story is about you, Junior, and your friends Teddy and a girl (I keep forgetting her name!)who are playing a game called Digimon Online. You get sucked into the video game and have to fight leaders from 4 different gyms. But it isn't that easy. The game develops along the way. I am not going to spoil a great game. This story review is very brief so play the game and find out.

The game is one of the best RPGs out on Playstation. If you don't like RPGs or Digimon then rent it first. You might start a new liking to RPGs or Digimon. If you like either RPGs or Digimon then buy it. Especially Digimon Fans! I didn't never really liked Digimon but I liked RPGs and I love this game! RPGamers! Try something new this time. This game is very good.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/17/02, Updated 06/17/02