"A Good Game... For Digimon At Least"

It's seems that Bandai had successfully created a Digimon game that doesn't totally suck. That may seem a bit harsh, but if you have played either of the other two Digimon World games, you'll understand where I am coming from. I don't want to criticize this game to much, as most of the games coming out for the PSone these days are pure junk, and this one is much better than that. With that out of the way, let us begin.

Gameplay
The gameplay in Digimon World 3 is fairly decent. Instead of being an Adventure/RPG game as in the first two Digimon World games, Digimon World 3 is strictly an RPG game. It looks (and feels) like Bandai imitated the Final Fantasy battle system, but can you blame them? The battles can be tedious at times, but if you stick with it, it will get easier.

Story
The story in Digimon World 3 is subpar, but did you really expect any better? You start off waiting for your friend, whom brings a girl along. In a bizarre twist of events, the responsibility to save the world falls upon your shoulders and so on and so on.

Audio/Video
The audio in Digimon World 3 is great for a PSone game. The way it was all put together makes it seem just a bit a better. The only thing I do not like about it, is like in most RPG's the battle music can get quite annoying quite fast.

The video in Digimon World 3 is awesome for a PSone game. I am used to looking at the ''next generation'' console's video and this game still impressed me. Everything in this department is really quite sharp and deserves recognition. The only beef I have here is that the character models aren't exactly what I would call detailed.

Replayability
The replayability level in Digimon World 3 is not to great, like in most RPG's. You can try to go through again it to play the side quests you missed or to get a ''perfect game'' and such. But after you have beaten this game the fun dies out of it quickly.

Gameplay - 5
Story - 7
Audio/Video - 9
Replayability - 3
Total Score - 6

To Buy Or To Rent?
Digimon World 3 is a game that can be beaten easily in the time you have it rented, since there is not to much replayability, I suggest only buy this game if you are a big fan of series.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 06/26/02, Updated 06/26/02