Review by 6xdandangp

"Best game in the series."

Out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, this one is definitely my favorite. From its amazing story to its interactive and unique gameplay, you'll be playing this game for hours on end, and you'll love it all! Before you read this review, I'm would HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who plays RPG's. There are a few minor flaws that are introduced in this version of the game but it won't take off too much from the overall enjoyment.

Story 10/10
The story starts off with two Biggs, Wedge, and a girl named Terra. Biggs and Wedge disappear after the first boss, and you'll end up using Terra and Locke for the beginning. It doesn't start off as exciting as you may think, but it quickly picks up and will leave you trying to beat the game as quickly as possible to see the ending. At least, that's what happened with me, this story is the greatest for any video game.

Gameplay 8/10
This game is great, it's much more enjoyable than most other FF games I've played, you can customize many of your characters to be EXACTLY what you want it to be, how cool is that? Even if your character is weaker in a certain stat, you can boost them up with espers. You'll be spending a lot of time trying to train your characters to become stronger, then your characters would breeze past most bosses and you'll be happy that you trained. It's not a very hard game, but you can make almost every character the way you want it to be, that's amazing for any RPG. However, in the Playstation version, the game has serious lag issues that take 2 points away from the gameplay, it's also the reason why I don't like this version as much as the others.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are flawless for the Super Nintendo, they're still good for the Playstation too. Everything is as detailed as 2D can get, battle backgrounds are somewhat 3D too. You'll be stunned at the graphical quality that this game offers. This version doesn't have much of a graphical difference from the Super Nintendo and the Gameboy Advance versions, though. I kept the score at a 10 because the nice new FMVs look really good on the system, as good as FFVIII's I would have to say.

Sound 10/10
The music quality was some of the best that the SNES could have. The GBA does somewhat weaken the quality, though, there's not as many instruments and some tunes sound a little funny, but we're talking about the Super Nintendo here. The quality is as good as this system can get, and you'll be enjoying every song it has. I just can't give the sound less than a perfect score.

Replay value 9.5/10
You can play it for as long as you want, or as short as you want, it doesn't matter. You'll be loving every minute of it, anywhere from grinding your characters to learn new magics or trying to progress through the story. You'll also be exploring places you've already explored in hopes to find new things, and believe me, you will find new things in places you've explored before.

Overall 9.5/10
I would have to say the SNES version is a bit better than this, even the GBA version is a little better than this but I still recommend you to get this version if you don't have an SNES or a GBA. It's easily the best in the series because of its story and this game doesn't disappoint. You also get FFV (worst entry in the series IMO) along with this game if you buy the anthologies version and you get some nice FMVs.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/16/09

Game Release: Final Fantasy VI (JP, 03/11/99)