Review by Puppychow Lord

"Just plain awesome! How can you resist!"

Okay, well this is my first review, so bear with me.
------------------------------------------

INTRO:

Okay, in my opinion, this game was something that deserves notification from all. It's just plain awesome, what else can I say?

Where did I get this game? Nowhere really! :) You see, my friend brought it over one day, and at first, I thought it was crap. I watched her play, and after being bored half to death, I gave up hope of ever playing this Final Fantasy addition. But, due to the masterful skill of coaxing me into it, I did. But, what is funny that despite the fact that the character faces were odd and that the graphics were old-school, it was oddly addictive. I am going to try my best to describe this as best as possible in sections.

GAMEPLAY:

Great. Despite the fact that things are quite misleading, the gameplay is fun. The battles are your obvious turn-based styles, however, the character customization factor is enormous. You can equip them with really cool weapons and armor, and though everyone has their own basic area of expertise, some relics allow for infinite selection if equipment! :) Who couldn't love that! With the added aspect of everybody having a special skill, that pretty much settles the character building section. The gameplay is smooth, however, as I said, some things aren't as clear as possible. It's fairly easy to get the hang of. Not a worry here!

PLOT:

Slightly perplexing, yet nothing to the migraines from FF7! With an entire look of technology being the enemy, (and Kefka, obviously) you are pretty much fighting to stop the guy who is causing all this havoc, which strangely enough sounds like the WRONG thing to do! As I said, a little strange, but nothing some Tylenol can't help!

MUSIC:

Dreams sent from heaven, honestly! The music is my favorite part of this game, it goes from adventurous and lively to sad and tear-jerking. Though sound effects are minimal, the music itself is soothing or invigorating, depending on the scenario. I judge strictly on music, being a fellow musician myself. But this...this...it's something beyond your wildest dreams! You may think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not lying. Each characters theme song brings out their own personality. From Shadow's mystery, to Locke's adventurous personality, they are all brought out by their songs.

CHARACTERS:

Also, very awesome! Each of them a part of the link that binds the plot. There is a widespread variety of 14 characters to choose from. Your team includes 4 people, so the choice is sometimes tough. However, with added teams at certain times, more characters are brought out. (At points in time, you are split into groups.) I don't think I could be any happier with these people. Sure, they have faults, but don't we all?

GRAPHICS:

Ah, the weakness. The graphics are your everyday little sprites running around, as you should be very familiar with in games such as FF1, FF4 and FF5. The face pictures, to keep proceeding, are actually sometimes appalling. Though not all are, some are a little creepy and don't express the character very well. But you have to put aside this fact. I think this is why the game went from a possible 10 to a 9 in my rating. However, all hope is not lost, for some things were very well done. Such as the back drops and such, they obviously weren't slopped together.

My final words:

If you are debating this game, I highly recommend yes! It is a must have, and it competes with FF7 as best Final Fantasy in my opinion. Any true RPG fan should have this game, and hopefully enjoy it. Well, that's about it.

~FIN~